Summer 2016 Color & Print Trends
Posted on 21 June 2016
Summer is in full Portland-style swing and we’ve done all the footwork for you and found this season’s top summer trends, colors, and prints.
Nautical and retro prints are IN, and the colors and looks we have been spotting all over the style scene have been new takes on yellow, navy, and fresh shades of white.
This year we’ve seen an abundance of vintage trends, prints, and silhouettes brought back to life. A color that has been revived through these trends, mostly from the 60s & 70s era, is yellow.
Shades of Yellow
From buttercream & mustard, to the ever-popular dandelion shade, yellow has been flooding the style scene all year. Yellow clothing and accessories can be a pop of classy and mod-like flare.
- Be your own personal sunshine in the Sunflower Adrianna Papell Dress
- Go bold in the Dandelion Poppy Print Jumpsuit from Orla Kiely.
- Try adding pops of color with her Orla Kiely accessories
- Add-in some yellow to your outfits this week and you’ll see how it’ll not only brighten your day - but even lift the mood of those around you.
Navy is the new black this summer
I would definitely place my bet on Navy being the next color to come close to replacing that universally beloved shade.
Can you recall a time when someone held up a piece and said “hey, does this look navy or black to you”? Black and Navy are similar shades in that they both act as great neutrals.
It's summer's version of black
The way, I view Navy is as summer’s version of black. You still get that dark color staple, but it's mood is a little brighter and can easily pair with other summer colors for a bright, playful and even nautical look. Not to mention it’s hard not to feel on trend when rockin’ the color of summer’s mascot - the deep blue sea. 🌊🌊🌊
White sand, white tan lines, white ice cream cones, sunblock…
Shades of white and summertime go together like sunsets and the beach. White looks stunning against sun kissed skin. Along with navy, white is a great neutral color and statement shade when it comes to effortlessly applying whimsical summer bliss to your look. #elegant
- Imagine yourself sunbathing on a storybook summer afternoon in an amazing white dress.
- If you're craving a pinch of color, try some mixed-print pieces from Tiffany Bean’s SS16.
- Linen looks from designers like James Perse, Michael Stars, and Karen Kane have the ability to apply a leisurely chic look to your ensembles.
- Along with dresses and tops, white denim and shorts from designers like Level 99 and Nic + Zoe, are a must in the summer months.